JTIP Summer Academy
“It was an intense, but an invaluable week of training. I already feel a change in my advocacy, and will be telling my colleagues to apply for next year. Thank you so much for this incredible opportunity.”
“LOVED IT. This was a life changing experience and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to attend!”
“Fantastic program. I hope you can continue providing this service for many many years to come. This program can serve to create a massive constituency for change at the national level by using armies of local defenders.”
– Former JTIP Summer Academy Attendees
The National Juvenile Defender Center (NJDC) and Georgetown Law Juvenile Justice Clinic are excited to offer the Juvenile Training Immersion Program (JTIP) Summer Academy. The JTIP Summer Academy is an annual one-week intensive juvenile defender training program intended for both new and experienced front-line defenders. This interactive juvenile defense training is held in Washington, DC in June. For an idea of what the Summer Academy entails, see the 2015 agenda.
This year’s JTIP Summer Academy will be from June 11-17, 2017 at Georgetown Law in Washington, DC.
Participants must cover their travel expenses and accommodation, and a nonrefundable $200 tuition for the JTIP Summer Academy.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
- Applications are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the official fillable PDF application and including an updated resume or CV.
- The deadline for application submission is January 13th, 2017, 11:59 PM EST. Late applications will not be considered.
- Please note that selected participants are expected to attend the full program. Slots are limited and resources are committed in advance for every attendee.
- Years and scope of experience in defense practice;
- Years and scope of experience in juvenile defense practice;
- Current juvenile caseload;
- Geographic location;
- Public defenders and private practitioners;
CALENDAR OF ACTIONS
Application Deadline – January 13th, 2017, 11:59 PM EST
Admission decisions announced – Feb. 17, 2017
Deadline for admitted applicants to register and pay – April 3, 2017
Summer Academy – June 11-17, 2017 at Georgetown Law, Washington, DC
Must be a frontline defender to apply.