JTIP Summer Academy
“It was an intense, but an invaluable week of training. I already feel a change in my advocacy, and will be telling my colleagues to apply for next year. Thank you so much for this incredible opportunity.”
“LOVED IT. This was a life changing experience and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to attend!”
“Fantastic program. I hope you can continue providing this service for many many years to come. This program can serve to create a massive constituency for change at the national level by using armies of local defenders.”
– Former JTIP Summer Academy Attendees
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED
for the 2018 JTIP Summer Academy to be held from
June 10-16, 2018 at Georgetown Law in Washington, DC.
Download a fillable PDF application today!
The National Juvenile Defender Center (NJDC) and Georgetown Law Juvenile Justice Clinic are excited to offer the Juvenile Training Immersion Program (JTIP) Summer Academy. The JTIP Summer Academy is an annual one-week intensive juvenile defender training program intended for both new and experienced front-line defenders. This interactive juvenile defense training is held in Washington, DC in June. For an idea of what the Summer Academy entails, see the 2017 agenda.
Participants who attend the JTIP Summer Academy must cover their own travel expenses and accommodation, and a nonrefundable $200 tuition for the JTIP Summer Academy. Details about housing options and tuition payments will be sent to candidates who are selected to attend.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
- Applications are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the official PDF application. Please save your application with “First Name Last Name” as the file name.
- The deadline for application submission is January 15th, 2018, 11:59 PM EST. Late applications will not be considered.
- Please note that selected participants who accept their slot are expected to attend the full program. Slots are limited and resources are committed in advance for every attendee.
Selection of participants is based on a combination of factors intended to create a class that reflects the breadth of the juvenile defense community. The following are some of the criteria used in selecting candidates:
- Years and scope of experience in defense practice;
- Years and scope of experience in juvenile defense practice;
- Current juvenile caseload;
- Geographic location;
- Public defenders and private practitioners;
CALENDAR OF ACTIONS
- Summer Academy – June 16-22, 2019 at Georgetown Law, Washington, DC